Existing Member?

Pirates of the Cam Logbook

Delhi airport

INDIA | Wednesday, 7 July 2010 | Views [265]

Oh man, what did we actually think when booking a flight with a 14 hour stopover in Delhi? Maybe that we can get a short-term visa on arrival and have a look at the city? Well, that turned out to be impossible. Or maybe that at least we can use the facilities of a big, new international airport? Well, that turned out to not be the case either. Instead, after arrival we were placed in the "twilight zone", a small room with transiting travellers waiting for the mercy of their airlines to bestow them with boarding passes. Yes, with boarding passes. We had none for our flight to bangkok and without them, we couldn't go anywhere. At first we were promised to get them within half an hour, well, this turned out to be more like 12-13 hours. Without much chance to contact the airline in the twilight zone and without any facilities at all, all we could do is wait and hope that one day we are allowed out of here. So, if you ever want to transit there, take this into account! Don't do it!


- Ralf

And after all this we got into the Bangkok airport and took a cab and it was air conditioned and smelled of jasmine. I guess it sums up our India vs. Thailand experience ;)

- Eva

 

About pirates_of_the_cam

The Pirate Crew (with 2 of the missing crew members)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.