Existing Member?

Philip's travel

GETTING THERE

INDIA | Wednesday, 26 October 2011 | Views [296]

Except for the exceeding ugly shade of blue that is the corpoate colour, the two KLM flights that took me to India were very pleasant and both good and bad.  Bad would have been on the Vancouver to Amsterdam flight where my request for a vegetarian meal had been lost.  The flight attendant brought me fruit which, at their request, I shared with the family of five who flanked me on both sides.  And I munched on the nuts and dried fruit I had brought with me for culinary misadventures.

The same flight attendant, when he learned where I would be sitting on the Amsterdam to Delhi (Row 39, the last row!),advised me to request a seat change when checking in. In fact I had tried to change the seat the day before without any luck.

There was no opportunity to do anything in Amsterdam except to be late in joining a very long line-up for security. By the time I cleared security the departure lounge was empty.

I had just taken my seat when the chief flight attendant came to me, confirmed that I was flying alone, and offered me a window seat in Row 11 in the "comfort" section - more leg room, more recline in the seats and normally with an additional premium of about $150.00. That would have been the good part. In fact from my experience I would heartily recommend KLM despite that unflattering blue.

This time I got the meal I had ordered which was also good in all senses.

Tags: flying

About piprodgers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.