Existing Member?

The Sonderer

Echo-logy

USA | Monday, 28 April 2014 | Views [86] | Scholarship Entry

Behaviors are a parallel reaction to one's environment. However, no matter how close your face is to a mirror you can never hear the ocean- the world's largest reflection of itself. The little aches in our sides when cramming for a final exam will never feel the riff of the ride sea-lions recover in high tide. Our minds can only process so much information, and studying in Monterey, California was a process. The beauty of the land swept me off my feet and onto the grainy memories of the earth's jewels. Sea otters opened black-shelled memory boxes as their gaze showed no remorse of the earth's secrets they consumed.
There are many different worlds left to discover. How did I end up here? On this beautiful beach town kissing the coast like an old friend who loved her at some point. I see the people but I don't hear them, because of the great wall of language. They smile though, and I wonder if the otters have this secret code with sea lions. At the end of the day, I know that this town won't eat me alive. The wharf is a nice place when the sun is looking in the mirror.
Dolphin echoes invade the dock and keep the boats up at night. Each of the fifty-five white, individualized sail boats have their own place. It must be nice for them- to blend in. It is almost as if the boats grimace up at my awkwardness in disbelief. I smile back to myself in nature's mirror, as I stumble into a warm coffee shop. The new blend should caffeinate my legs into a more awake position, I thought. If only I could share the charisma of the singing seals in the somber mornings. Maybe with practice and coffee.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About pink4yourself


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.