Existing Member?

Angies silly stories

Arrival, FINALLY

GERMANY | Saturday, 7 June 2008 | Views [322]

Hello hello!!
SO..... We have finally arrived in prague - 3days, no showers (eww), 3planes, 4 buses, 2 trams, 7hrs sleep and 11 coffees later!! (Not that anyone is counting)
The flight was good, a friend of ours from school (Pihan, thats you) was our flight attendant so that was PRETTY cool, although poor isis had the worlds grumpiest Brit next to her for the first two legs and she was NOT happy!!
We got to frankfurt really early and were pretty unimpressed by the customer service, NO ONE wanted to help us but we figured things out ok anyway..
We spent the day hanging around checking out the city, it was quite beautiful but after 2 hours I was ready to bail. I found a huge market hall and actually cried a little when i saw the Yummy cheeses, but my german is so horrible i was too ashamed to buy any!!
I had my first german sausage bratwurst!!
So, we basically just spent the day watching people and trying to keep each other awake, i decided that i have to get rid of half my stuff coz my bag is SO ridiculously heavy!!
We spent ages at the train station trying to waste time, we were napping on some benches and we heard this massive CRACK BANG.. Some poor drunk dude had fallen off the bench just down from me and thumped himself pretty hard!! Then he just layed there sprawled on the floor for a few minutes, i thought he'd carked it! Turns out he was just rotten drunk and very very confused!
Then i left isis for 5 minutes to go get changed and i come back and theres a homeless dude sitting there yelling at the poor young guy opposite him!! He was pretty agro and pretty stinky.. All in all we probably didn't see the best side of germany!
We did notice that there were 8 starbucks in a one kilometre radius.. Thats a little excessive if ou ask me! Ones enough..
So then last night we caught a bus from Frankfurt town to Prague land. It was an hour late and the guy next to me Snored the WHOLE trip, it was like a bulldozer crawling down my ears for 7 straight hours! Plus isis and i were in desperate need for fresh clothes and a shower!
But once we arrived in prague all our problems were forgotten as Isis was awed by the beauty and i was trying to remember how to get around. Once we got off the bus it all came flooding back to me and we made it here to Sir tobys pretty quickly which was good!
We had a MASSIVE buffet breakfast and i managed to convince the night manager to sneak us into a room so we could shower coz we were pretty manky!!
I don't think I've ever appreciated a shower so much in my life! And the people of prague are probably pretty stoked about it too...
We went down to the clothes markets and did a spot of shopping.. Everytime we looked at something for more than 2 seconds we'd have people grabbing our arms and trying to convince us to buy.. One girl showed us her room full of rip off Louis V and D&G stuff, and then almost wouldn't let me out unless i bought something! I think a few people got pissed at me coz i kept bartering down and down and down.. AAALLL RIGGGGHHHT.
I'm glad i've gotten rid of some clothes coz i've got quite a few more things to shove in my already overweight bag and i think by the time we leave next week i may have to get some extra bags for stuff!! yay for prague!
So we are about to check into our rooms and sleep on an actual bed which I'm SO looking forward too! Tonight we are catching up with nick, a friend who just happens to be here for a week at the same time as us so that should be awesome!! Such a small world!!
Well thats pretty much it for now, hope i havn't bored you too much and hope all is going well for you wherever you are....
Until next time
So Tea-hlay Zub-bey prr-avvvy
Angie

 

About pimcflangington


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.