Existing Member?

Old knowledge in a modern world

Seek Experiences - The baan bat

THAILAND | Tuesday, 29 October 2013 | Views [347] | Scholarship Entry

I was inspired to film baan bats because it showed a different side to Bangkok, other than Khao San Road or its cosmopolitan nightlife. I wanted to capture another side to the city that most people pass by. This was great subject matter because it captured the cities history, highlighting how even as it modernises, if you venture off into the back streets you can still find its roots.

Previously I have done a bachelor of film and television, but the focus was fiction drama. While it gave me an appreciation of narrative structure, my love is for real stories, talking to people to find out their tales.

I want to be a documentarian, joining this with my passion for travel and adventure. This is because I want to connect with and touch people through a shared human experience. I find this inspiring and think the world can change this way.

I feel most alive when I am in the unknown, growing my understanding of the world around me. I want to share this experience, and move people as I am moved when I live these unique moments.

This opportunity would mean so much in allowing me to build my skills, mentoring me to turn my love for stories into polished professional products.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About piia


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.