Existing Member?

Couch Tales

Tales from the Merri

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 11 May 2009 | Views [312]

The slender and neck deep waters of the Merri creek begins its journey to the ocean north of Fawkner amongst granite and volcanic soils, it winds through what was once extensive treed grassland plains in the place called Melbourne.  It flows steadily toward Galada Tambore where the rocky boulders warm up in the sun for lizards and ants, then it flows and picks up the water of the Edgars Creek another steady and slender Creek I have walked the banks of, until it blends into the Yarra Yarra misty wide river with birds and reeds and once luscious banks where there are now remnants of old trees and shellfish buried in the soil.  I love the Merri and thanks to people who planted back the vegetation we can glimpse blue winged Azure Kingfishers the stoic little Kookaburra like birds who perch on branches overhanging the water.  Please don't litter it flows into the creeks and rivers and out to the ocean where seals gobble them up and get stomach aches.  Enjoy the nature instead !  

Tags: kingfishers, lizards, luscious, seals, volcanic

 

About pieladina


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.