Existing Member?

Let's Get Weird

This Is Jatra

NEPAL | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [1281] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

Documenting a journey is a amazing, challenging and immensely rewarding endeavour. Not only does one have the excitement of the experience but also the challenge of capturing the spirit of the people and places one encounters. Danny began his filmmaking pursuits working on Hollywood movies in Germany as a lowly PA. Despite rising up the ranks quickly, he decided to say "Fuck it, I'm leaving." He flew to Korea with no plan or return ticket. That naturally led him to hosting a tourism web series in Thailand, and co-directing a Vimeo Awards short-listed doc called Underage. Phil, me, started making short films as an awkward teen with an analog camcorder. Years later working as a designer at TV station I came to the same conclusion as Danny "Fuck it, I'm outa here." I left for Asia where after traveling extensively I hosted a TV science program, with explosions. Back in Canada I made a doc about a middle school play and have pitched a adventure/travel program to TV stations. For both Danny and I, the journey, sharing the spirit of adventure and the humanity of the people is what inspires us most. At its heart this program would challenge us, to become better at all aspects of filmmaking and presenting, to give more than we know how, and to motivate others to explore the world and themselves.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

nice work guys! ima say fuck it too!

  shawnharris Sep 17, 2014 2:06 PM

About phil-danny


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.