Existing Member?

PETKAT Adventures 50 ish and loving it

Ushuaia

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 13 January 2008 | Views [673] | Comments [1]

Hi folks from Ushuaia, in the very very south of South America!

This morning we sailed around Cape Horn in fine weather, calm seas, a little bit of wind and cool temperatures. We could spot little penguins swimming and darting about, a lot of seals having a great time in the water, Peter saw two dolphins and we think we saw a small pilot whale. The scenery on the way to Ushuaia has been magnificent today and is the start of many more such scenes I am sure.

We didn't get to the Faulkland Islands as there was a force 11 gale and the captain thought it wiser to change course. <our cabin is in a super position and still slept very well.

We continue to keep our healthy meals and look for any justification for them....milk, calcium.fruit, protein....any excuse will do, but there will be a diet once home.Any more hints for justifications are appreciated, Trish!

We are much more aware of the birds too Marty and Lauren and often mention you as we spot the birdlife.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Why didn't you visit the Falklands? Peter has lots of experience at sea!

  Maureen Jan 15, 2008 3:05 PM

About petkat


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.