Existing Member?

India India

New Delhi. First day

INDIA | Sunday, 23 December 2007 | Views [289] | Comments [1]

Finally here. Arrived at 9am, after a great flight to Doha from Osaka and an ok flight to Delhi. The driver from the hotel was actually waiting for me at the airport, a little surprise there, coz I don't know why i was expecting otherwise...Made it to the hotel, the room is clean but old and right next to the street, seriously considering checking out tomorrow mornig, founf another hotel down the street where I can get a 500 rps room for 350 after a little bargaining. Already visited Jama Masjid and the Red Fort, walked, took the metro and walked some more, done by 3pm. Ate "somosa" on the street, little pastry triangles filled with green peas and potatoes...pretty good, actually. And that reminds me of the food on the flight from Doha, what looked to be two turd meatballs with a little of diarrea sauce on the side and some bread...also good, but not pretty. I can't seem to be able to walk out of the hotel without someone folowwing wanting to practice their English, wanting some money, or wanting to call me a bastard...like this woman I didn't give a ruppee to. A little girl knee high walked next to me for about 500 meters wanting money, grabbing my pants, etc. Another guy just offered me weed...Anyway, can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for me...Love u all. I'll keep u posted. Of course, cows everywhere, chaos, car horns, rickshaw horns, motorcycle horns... Peace y alegria!

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

til when r u stayin in dehli?

  geoff Dec 24, 2007 2:51 AM

About petitibiza


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.