Existing Member?

A Journey Around The World Better living our dreams than dreaming our life ! Carpe Diem. . .

On the road to the Asháninkas village

PERU | Tuesday, 10 April 2012 | Views [280]

We finally leave Lima, 3 days in the city was enought. First stop Satipo ! We arrive at night, after 13 hours in a bus. Luckily there is an hostel and few restaurant still open just next to the bus. stop. We put our bags at the hostel and went eat a little late snack. Some drunk people sleep on the sidewalk, dogs wandering the streets, we can see with the weather that we are in La Selva ! 

A few hours of sleep, we wake up at 5. Its time to go get some equipement for our trip. We also meet our ''guide'' (a guy that Bes & Vaness met earlier in their trip). So, we need rubber boots, wires & hooks for fishing, machetes for the jungle and some food ! 

At noon we have a meeting with someone, to get autorisations, for the place where want to go. We explain our intentions, our plan, ect. He tell us to go directly and ask at the community directly. 

Time is running, we have 5 mins to pack our backpacks and the taxi is already there ! We quit Satipo to go take the boat at Puerto Ocopa. After three hours by taxi in small dirt roads in the middle of the Selva, we finally arrive, the boat was waiting for us. A small little boat, full of Peruviens people, there is no bus along the Rio Ene, the only way to move from place to place is by the river. There is one person at the end who drives, an other one in the middle who removes the water from inside the boat and a last one at the front who look at the direction and makes sure there is enought water to float with a long tree branch.

The view is beautiful, people very friendly, every things went well, even if at some point we was wondering if the boat was going to capsize because of the wage and the turbulents water. We stop for the night, in a small village, its 7:oo nobody want to cook us dinner. We cook a little something, than I try to sleep, even if the starry sky is magnificient, I still stress to be in the middle of nowhere, lost in the jungle. Especially that there is a ''Jesus party'', at few metres away from our tents, all night long. They sing religious melody and play tamtams. It reminds me some chaotic indigenous music...exorcist or sacrifice melody directly from horror movies...Brief I havent been able to sleep ! Finally nothing happened and we took the boat at 5 AM, direction Cutivireni. 4 more hours in the Ene River and we are finally there !   

About perkele


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.