Existing Member?

Travel, Live, Adventure

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 4 April 2012 | Views [150] | Scholarship Entry

Indonesia is one of the biggest archipelagic countries in the world. It have more than a thousand culture, tradition, language, and ethnic group. I haven't been out of my country but Indonesia already seems a big world to me. And a small piece from this big world that I want to share is Ujung Genteng one of a beautiful beach in Java Island. I had been there twice and I never get bored, there is an attraction that never runs out. And from my observation, there are three perspective in seeing the beauty of Ujung Genteng. First, as a tourist either local or foreign. Ujung Genteng is more famous for foreign because the big wave, the untouched and pristine beach, and maybe the facilities are still cheap. Many of them stayed there for months. But in domestic, Ujung Genteng was known in 2010. The atmosphere, the beach, the wave are perfect for refreshing and relaxing. And if you want to surf, you can try Ombak Tujuh and Pangumbahan Beach they have undefeated wave. Second perspective comes from animal protection. The government knew that sea turtles have become endangered, their eggs stolen for food and medicine. Therefore, Ujung Genteng is used as a sea turtle breeding. If we come in a perfect time, we can see and also helps to release the baby into the sea. The third and last perspective it must be comes from the local peoples. Honestly, they not see Ujung Genteng as a perfect place to live. It difficult to find money or business there. There's a limit and rules because Ujung Genteng is also used for military training so they can't build souvenir shack everwhere. This place's still quiet and rare visitors. But this is the place where they grew up, so whatever happen they still lived in there. As a visitor, I really want to keep this beach untouched because many beautiful beaches in my country were damaged because of uncontrolled human behaviour. But as a citizens, Ujung Genteng need some recovery with tight rules because this beach is the biggest competitor for Bali.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About pelangidikalasenja


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.