Existing Member?

Miyar : A Himalayan Sojourn

Festival - Ram Leela

INDIA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [580] | Scholarship Entry

Being born and brought up in the city of Mumbai, we have seen the tradition of Ram Leela, being followed since our childhood. In the digital age, this local theatrical group successfully manages to attract crowds, due to its vibrancy and innocence. Befriending the actors, who were very uncomfortable having a woman backstage, was the real challenge, that added thrill to our film-making. Working in TV production, I have always been interested in making my own videos on rock climbing (my team-mate is outdoor expert), travel and food. Documenting events, legends, cuisines on camera, is like collecting our own pieces of tomorrow's history. It helps preserve traditional ideas and their textures in their own colors, voices that might not be with you for ever. Hence filming life experiences is so important to us. Winning this competition will add impetus to our amateur film-making efforts, throw light on the skills required and give us an opportunity to document and share with the world, stories that are unique and people, who will be a part of our beautiful memories. And of course being a part of the large travel film-making family will surely be fun ! We are sure.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About pdlight


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.