Existing Member?

In principio...

in principio creavit Deus caelum et terram terra

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Monday, 5 May 2014 | Views [198] | Scholarship Entry

…in principio creavit Deus caelum et terram terra autem erat inanis et vacua et tenebrae super faciem abyssi et spiritus Dei ferebatur super aquas dixitque Deus fiat lux et facta est lux et vidit Deus lucem quod esset bona et divisit lucem ac tenebras appellavitque lucem diem et tenebras noctem factumque est vespere et mane dies unus…

You start to feel what the God saw creating the world being in a steppe in South Syberia when there are no people around you for hundreds of kilometers. When you are sitting in a car with random people you just met and who are traveling with you to the middle of nowhere from mountains to plain and who are probably archeologists exploring the Arzhan, the place of early Scythian kurgan burials. And probably they are coming from your hometown and it is so possible that they live somewhere near you and teach your friends in the State University but you will never know it for sure. Because Tyva is a place where you shouldn’t talk; here you can only keep the silence.

…dixit vero Deus congregentur aquae quae sub caelo sunt in locum unum et appareat arida factumque est ita et vocavit Deus aridam terram congregationesque aquarum appellavit maria et vidit Deus quod esset bonum…

And then you see water; firstly far away, later getting closer and finding out there’s a wide river full of live and motion; in twenty minutes you see another one and lakes, a number of fresh and inviting lakes, but you can’t say anything. No sound gets out of your mouth, because you can’t dare to bother the world around.

…dixit quoque Deus producat terra animam viventem in genere suo iumenta et reptilia et bestias terrae secundum species suas factumque est ita et fecit Deus bestias terrae iuxta species suas et iumenta et omne reptile terrae in genere suo et vidit Deus quod esset bonum…

Suddenly the car you’re sitting in stops. Just on the road and within 20 meters or even more there’s a flock of sheep. You spend some minutes amazed trying to count the number of them; all in all it looks like more than hundred, then you hang up your axe recalling that there’s no point in it here. It is a place without human being; only animals and nature left alone in a perfect duet. You spend half an our scrutinizing sheep around you, hills and plains, lakes and rivers; you see the day coming to it’s end and understand – this is how the world looked like before God created a human.

And the you realize you see the World for the first time.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About pax_et_bonum


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.