Existing Member?

Travels Stories of Yunnan Province, China

Kunming -Yunnan Province - China

CHINA | Saturday, 27 September 2014 | Views [658]

Modern architecture, Kunming

Modern architecture, Kunming

An easy flight from Melbourne to smoggy Guangzhou...a two hour layover , then onto Kunming. China Air was great, good value, healthy Asian food and beautiful hostesses ofcourse. Order is everywhere with glossy airports at Kunming too modern and gleaming. Exploring the city alleyways was fun with  a mix of old and new China intermingled. Cheap eats, boutiques and expensive restaurants beside each other. The women are well dressed and petite.

The parks are the social centre with Chinese playing cards,exercising  singing or dancing in the evenings. I was asked to dance by a local  much to my delight and Neil's amusement.

Our hostel is cosy with more young Chinese travellers than foreigners. The colourful lime green bathroom caringly warns 'The pipe is long, after turning water on, leave cloth on so you do not  catch cold' !

Our Mandarin is limited to hello, Good bye, thankyou and how much is that? Hope to improve on the vocabulary.

Planning a visit to the world heritage Stone Forest tomorrow, out of Kunming.

About paulinemendes


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.