Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

Week Ending 14/04/2013 Albany

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 14 April 2013 | Views [400] | Comments [2]

Dog Ambush

This week after the physio at work suggested more cycling for my knee, I headed off on a ride after work only to be ambushed by a large dog (bull mastiff) causing me to take a fall on Lower King Road during the after work traffic, and resulting in bruising, cursing and damage to my bicycle derailer together with a few other breakages.  The latter upset me the most, due to it currently being my only form of transport and which was now unrideable until a visit to the bike shop could be arranged. 

The next morning, my landlord Laura piled me and my beloved bicycle into the back of her car and we headed off to the bike shop, with a short investigatory trip to locate and have a little 'chat' with the dog owner on the way. 

Later that day, the dog owner convinced the Council Ranger that there had been a very similar looking dog in the neighborhood the week prior and it would have been that one who ambushed me, however, it was now nowhere to be seen.

The bike was repaired by the end of the week and I took a good ride into town to get a set of bed linen from Good Sammys Op Shop on Saturday and do my grocery shopping. It is true, just as I have been told, that April is the best month in Albany weather wise as the sun shines and the winds stop, absolutely gorgeous and perfectly for cycling. 

On Sunday I had a great afternoon out in the boat fishing with Steve and his family. It was a clear sunny day, with calm waters, stunning scenery and good fishing and after just a short time, we headed home with 3 huge WA salmon and 7 squid, and cooked up a storm for dinner. Yum!

Comments

1

Hi Pauline,

Hey slacko. We go onto your blog to keep up with the gossip, but you haven't done any since mid April. Went out fishing yesterday and thought of the day we had out with you on the boat. Hope you are still having fun. Stay on your bike and stay away from dogs!!

  Luke & Nadine May 18, 2013 10:42 AM

2

Hi Pauline, sorry have been quiet - my sister has taken another bad turn hence have been busy with family things. Glad to see you are around although no update since mid May ?? Hope you are ok. Sounds like you are having fun though :-) Keep safe
Monika

  Monika Jun 5, 2013 9:34 PM

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.