Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

Week Ending 01/04/2013 (Easter) Albany, Perth

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 1 April 2013 | Views [304] | Comments [1]

Alan came to Albany unexpectedly just before Easter so we decided that now would be a good time to give him back his caravan so that I could be free to hit the road again as soon as I got my campervan organised. This meant finding another place to live rather quickly. On Good Friday, through a contact in my new work department at the hospital (Social Work), he helped me move temporarily into a beautiful 2 storey Tudor style house on 5 acres with a rock and roll muso, but a 10km ride to work each way. 

The same day I got a lift to Perth with him, caravan in tow, to look at a campervan which I had found on the internet. On the way I had a go at towing the caravan myself. It didnt seem too difficult but when I saw that night, how tricky it can be backing it into a tight spot in a caravan park, I was convinced I was making the right choice with the campervan. It was professionally decked out and seemed just what I needed although not 4WD. Everything is a compromise in this game I am finding out.  Now I just need to organise an RAC check to make sure its mechanically sound.

On Saturday morning I returned by bus to Albany just in time to join some other ukesters in an unrehearsed gig backing a singer doing a sea shanty singalong at the Boatshed Markets.

On Easter Sunday I found a more permanent place to live, just 1km from work, with Laura who's an officer at the maximum security prison and also owns The Bathtub, a body products shop in Albany. There's no shortage of essential oils, bath bombs and candles in this spacious house which even though it's not near the beach, has great views to the water from the balcony and the rent is $100 less per week than the caravan park! I had to move quickly as I was due to return my loan car to Kalvin from Albany Truck and Car Hire as I felt that my website services had been well and truly paid for and was grateful for his generosity. 

My last little trip with the car was to nearby Gull Rock National Park for a quick swim and yet another stunning vista close to Albany, then swung by Steve and Michelle's place for a hand car wash by their young boys, Ryan and Kelvin, before returning the car to its rightful owner.

With all these goings on, it was no wonder the Easter Bunny could not locate me this year!

 

 

 

Comments

1

Pauline - the Shanties at the Boatshed sound great ! We've done something similar (as you may have heard) for a presentation that friends Bonnie & Bruce did last Friday at Unity Hill (Church) on their 20 years or so of sailing - Bruce turned 77 - so they're reluctantly trying to sell the yacht & retire from sailing. We ("Nelson's Blood") sang them some suitable shanties - "A sailor ain't a sailor anymore" etc .... Have fun, Ron (Port Lincoln)

  Ron Higgins Apr 16, 2013 1:30 AM

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.