Existing Member?

The State Department is Looking For You

La Ceiba, Honduras - Zip Line

HONDURAS | Wednesday, 29 August 2007 | Views [377]

Es una sorpresa. Julie and me, Oscar and Nano standing on a platform in the sky. Surrounded by dense jungle: above, below, all around us. One by one the others zip down the wire connecting us to all the other rest stops in our aerial tour of Honduras, salvage. Each glance at our new gear strikes just a bit more fear into my body. I can feel my nerves on edge now. Fear of unknown, surprise. Fear of being selected. You two will go last. One by one the others take off on the final jaunt, hundreds of meters above the river. One by one we are left. Julie and me, Oscar and Nano standing on the platform. Cover your face through the trees. When I tap you, fly. Connected to the wire, hanging, my entire body facing the jungle below. Lista. Moving through the air, leaves brushing by my hands, across my body. Vuela. I spread my arms, to Honduras. Flying through the jungle across El Cangrejal. One by one my feet, Oscar's feet reach the platform, nerves exhausted. Te gusta?

About pattybm


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.