Existing Member?

PatLynneEscapes Self-funded Retirees, 43 years married, spending the Kids' inheritance before we run out of puff! Exploring Russia, Hungary and Turkey with visits to Istanbul, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta, Fifty-four days of Holiday magic!

Five More Sleeps

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 11 August 2007 | Views [894] | Comments [1]

Hello People, here we are, five sleeps to go and today I almost wrecked our whole travel project:  How?  We had a dump-run to get rid of all the rubbish before we leave.  Dump-run completed, I return home and was almost  rammed by a ‘Learner-Driver’ who stopped in front of me.  I stalled my utility-truck… then, a flat battery???  I foolishly decided to push my truck back to my drive not thinking that the damn truck has power steering and could not be steered.  Result!  Stripped toenails where I was dragged over the road, plus puncturing my friend’s 6-ton truck front tyre…A thousand dollars damage to HIS huge truck…virtually nothing to my small utility!

But to the point of this story.  When I was a wee boy of eleven or twelve, I made a vow to, someday, pee from the top of all the World’s highest buildings, remotest places, most unique locations and so on… Whoa!  Not hang it out and pee literally from the highest building, etc., but use the public toilet at such places!

So far, I have fulfilled this ambition at:

The top of the Eiffel Tower; Both the World Trade Centres (when they existed); The Sears-Roebuck Building in Chicago; The Jesus Statue in Rio; The CN Tower in Toronto; The Highest Casinos (most of them) in Las Vagus; The Sydney Harbour Bridge Pylons, both; The London Telecom Tower; The Black Mountain Tower in Canberra; The Tokyo Tower; the Top of Lapland;  Heard Island;  Abu Simball, Egypt; The Pyramids; The Great Wall of China (various points) The Empire State Building, Metchina in the Golden Triangle, Mandalay, and, many, many more!

Part of the purpose of this trip is to fulfil my ambition to include the Kremlin; the Tsar’s Palaces In St Petersburg; The Twin-towers in Kuala Lumpur; The Trans-Siberian Express: places in Hungary/Turkey and so on and on!  How are your dreams and ambitions going…eg, the list of things you wish to achieve/do/visit before you die??? 

At the Empire State Building, the top-floor Toilet was locked.  The Security Guard, after I explained, arranged for the ESB Sanitary Engineer to give me an escorted tour of the building’s sanitary/sewerage arrangements. It is amazing that human effluent needs to be atomised, heated, baffled, steam-treated, pumped, re-directed and so on to prevent severe damage to such buildings, by the simple volume and weight of this natural human product, falling thousands of feet down the sewer pipes…amazing technology to prevent those on the bottom floors being blown apart by falling crap???

Five more sleeps and we are away…I don’t really know when the next Journal entry will be transmitted…It depends upon the availability of WI/FI and/or Internet access….Possibly Moscow in twenty day’s time.

Cheers,

Lynne and Patricia.

 

 

 

 

 

Tags: Lost!

Comments

1

Hello Mum, Dad

best of luck on yor next big adventure, we are jealous as anything! in a few years....

not sure if only yu or everyone sees this reply, so will keep it relatively safe... :)

Alicia had her 7 weeks ultrasound yesterday (Tuesday 14 August) and we found out that she is currently carrying twins (fraternal, as IVF goes)! we are very excited! probaly eplains why Alicia has been hit with morning sickness (albeit in the arvos) a lot harder than when she had Sinead.

anyway, we are off on our own adventure no - trying to make a two bedroom into a four bedroom! before the new additions arrive! we don't know the gender yet, and Alicia doesn't want to know...but I do. guess I will lose in the end and have to wait.....

all the best
love
Ivan and Alicia and Sinead and B2+B3

  Ivan McKay and Alicia Aug 15, 2007 8:53 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.