Existing Member?

Wanderlust

Bangalore to Goa

INDIA | Saturday, 23 May 2015 | Views [101] | Scholarship Entry

It's not like i haven't traveled before, or to places like beaches or hills station. But this is the story about experiencing sunrise at approx 1500 mtrs above sea level and sunset floating in an ocean, immense peace in the morning and party hard feels at night, that too in a same day.
This makes this Treasure, the journey from Bangalore to Goa, a Travel Treasure.
We were travelling from past 32 hours in train, upon reaching Bangalore, without wasting any time we first hired 2 two-wheeler, a scooty and a bike and went to pick a friend who lives there only. We were four people and and at around 2 at night our road trip to Nandi hills began, which is a hill station in Bangalore outskirts, a 170 kms drive from city.
It took us 2.5 hours to reach there and it was a pleasant night ride since i fell asleep while riding which infact was unknown to my pillion rider since he was already asleep, riding on a highway at speed of 80 kms per hour. It went well as i am still writing this story.
We reached the top of the mountains at 4:40 in the morning, silently passing the patrolling(asleep) cops. It was very chilly and freezing up there, but it was the most beautiful sunrise i had seen. I stood at the edge of the hill, clouds flying through me, winds making it impossible to stand and numbing the body with chill, but the beauty in front of my eyes was impeccable, red, yellow, dark blue, white, all colors together meeting at horizon. I just wish i could fly up there.
We left the hills at 7 A.M. and drove back to Bangalore city to catch a bus to a Gokarna, a valley 70Km meters outside Goa.
We started our bus journey in evening and it was one hell of a road journey, scary turns, small roads and furious and experienced driver. It was a tough drive to Gokarna, under the starry night, the road to this valley is beautiful and adventurous, you can actually listen to sea waves all the time. Suddenly, a tourist family from outside India asked me to shut the window, it was chilly and they couldn't sleep. I shut the window close but i couldnt sleep, how could i, the sea was calling me.
We reached the valley and took an auto to the top of the hill in valley from where it was a 15 min trek down to the beach, a beach which was surrounded bu beautiful green hills on three sides.
Calm sea, shacks to live in, sea food, kids playing volleyball, a dream come true.
The surprise was that those waters shine at night, and you have to stay at the beach only. I wish to continue it, in person.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About passenger391


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.