Existing Member?

Baguio

Dozing off in Baguio

PHILIPPINES | Monday, 25 May 2015 | Views [139] | Scholarship Entry

They always ask, where do broken hearts go? And response will always be either Baguio or Tagaytay. But as for me, i don't need to be broken and be in my mother's hometown, Baguio. From Pasay terminal, it took 5 hours to get to Baguio proper. Honestly i was too busy sleeping while on the road, all i can remember was watching a short video in my laptop and dozed off. Sorry i have no details how the journey was but all i can say is, it was all green and quiet. I remember there early morning, just the best time to have a cup of coffee in foggy weather. I get to appreciate the weather since way back in Manila is too warm and humid. . I went straight to my aunt's home and relaxed. I had a struggle bringing my luggage down to my aunt's home. the slope was deep and slimy. At lunch, i went to Session road and had a lengthy stroll .If you're a foodie, sure you'll enjoy in session road. Bar and restaurants are everywhere. Good thing i'm energetic and had survived the ups and owns of the road. Way up the hill was the SM City Mall, a mall popular in Philippines. It's like, your journey will not be complete if you haven't visited the SM mall of the city. In my 5 days stay, i get to visit PMA Philippine Military Academy, where aspiring soldiers of my country are trained, Burnham Park- which is a very popular park where parents get to bring their kids and have picnic and ride boat in the park's lake, Wright Park, Botanical gardens and Mine's view. As you noticed, the city is full of parks, well, i think the city is really made that way to accommodate tourists very well, as also because Baguio is named as the summer capital of the country. Not because being popular in beaches, really not, cause it's a way up in the mountains, but also for its cool weather. There are still spots i haven't mentioned because to be honest i didn't really maximized my stroll as my top priority that staycation was to have a very good sleep and free from stress. If you wan't to know more, i could suggest that you will also go to the Strawberry Farm where picking strawberries in the farm is more pricey than buying in the market. As because they say, there's a proper way in picking strawberries, and if not done right, tendencies are the growth of the strawberries will not be that good. You see even strawberries need tender loving touch. :) And also you should get to visit Kenon road, Lion's head, The Mansion, Teachers Camp, etc. etc etc. Oh gosh there's really a lot :)

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About papyrusenelra


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.