Existing Member?

The Middle of Nowhere

Roma....Not Italy

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 24 April 2014 | Views [78] | Scholarship Entry

I decided to take a break from city life and go somewhere that was out of my comfort zone and I could afford. So I chose to go where my parents lived Roma, QLD.

Never in my life could I be prepared for a small town. First thing you should know is nothing is open 24 hours. You never know how much you loved 7 Eleven until you visit a country town. Be prepared for the insects. Strangely enough in the city I though one fly was bad well get ready for 5-10 in room while you are cooking. You will be come like hungry dog defending your food from these creatures that want to inhabit it.

Don't worry about city style you won't need it. What I brought was probably ten years ahead in fashion that is yet to reach the country. Then again what do you expect from a town that has a cinema that is still showing Spiderman 2.

Embace country life. Who know a muster was so complicated and horses are the powerful machines that keep the cows moving! Not me for sure!

The food is great!!! The steaks are huge and the chickens are tender and the vegetable are roasted just right. I don't think I have ever tasted anything as good as the food out here!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About pandaeyes


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.