Existing Member?

Pam and Dean's Journey in Kenya

Preparing for our Safari

KENYA | Monday, 10 December 2012 | Views [180]

We leave in three days for our adventure in Kenya Africa. I cant tell you how excited we are about going and spending our Christmas and New years (even my birthday!) there at the orphanage and with the Kenyan people. For so long Christmas...as beautiful and full of love as it can be...lacks a little something. I feel Santa Claus and toys and gifts and lights and trees seem to fill our time and diminish our pocketbook and stress us out. Isn't Christmas supposed to be about the simple joy of the season. About Jesus's birthday? About love and family and appreciating our blessings and sharing? Seems to me its about stuff. (at least where children are concerned) This year I wanted our holidays to be about giving and not to each other....but to people that truly need our time and attention and love. I hope and pray Dean takes something so important away from this experience. I watch the children including the 6 and 7 year olds play with Ipads and phones and wiis and they seem to be in a state of hypnosis. They focus less on communication and more on a false world full of fake creatures and constant fighting...I have become very disheartened. We need to step away from the electronics and go back to the basics. Maybe this trip will help my son keep his focus on reality and what matters most..giving, loving, sharing, and being in the moment. Living life and not watching it go by. Please pray for our safety and guidance on our journey...or as the Kenyans say...our Safari.

About pamgreen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.