Existing Member?

...Then I'll Deploy Myself!

For the record...

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 7 December 2016 | Views [478]

Amalachi and I are still a month from leaving.  We have been planning this for months, and now that I am finally out of the Army, it is starting to feel all too real.  We submitted our documents to Luisa of the CCDO to take care of all of the administrative details, and all we have left to do it wait, so for the record, I would like to detail how things are supposed to go to compare them with how they actually will forward later.  Life loves curveballs and Mal and I have taken our fair share.

The plan is to depart on the 8th of January to Jakarta, where we will immediately depart by train to Yogyakarta.  An 8 hour ride I am especially looking forward to considering we just got off a 20+ hour flight.  But the countryside should be beautiful and we can get some sleep on the train maybe.  We will stay at ViaVia and see the temples, take a cooking class, then begin our overland excursion to Bali.  From there will will sadly miss the beaches and head straight to the airport to fly to Siem Reap.  We will meet a CCDO rep there and begin working for them immediately for the next several months.  

It will be amazing to have some direction again. To get some work done in a new place where we won't know anyone or anything outside of what we can find online. Our motivation is high and our wealth is measured in stories.  We collect them, we make them, and sometimes forget them until the perfect moment to share them.  

I'll keep this as updated as I can.  But I want to thank Global Nomadic, the Cambodian Community Dream Organization, and our friends and family for the support in advance.  So join us through this journal.  All 1 or 2 of you who may find it, and share your input, what you'd like to see, and any advice you may have, so hopefully we can make this a blog worth reading.

Tags: cambodia, indonesia, planning, trekking, volunteering

About pakbryan


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.