Existing Member?

volunteering in sri lanka

paavima=buoyancy

SRI LANKA | Thursday, 14 December 2006 | Views [706] | Comments [1]

Hiya, paavimate Vlad here.  We're looking for volunteers and good souls to come down to Sri Lanka and lend a hand.

paavima.org is a grass-roots organization (basically a bunch of diver friends) trying to help out a community in need. We're using dive training to enhance the locals' means to earn a living and have plans to build an amazing underwater memorial and artificial reef. Hence, the name paavima, which means buoyancy in Sinhala, the local language.

We're seeking dive instructors and English teachers (no experience needed), and we are also offering the opportunity to learn to dive with expert volunteer instructors for what is probably the lowest fee on the planet, earning a world recognized Padi certification. This is because your simple presence in Madiha, the town where the project is located would bring tangible benefits to the community we are trying to help.

So if you have 2 hours, 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months, come check out the project and consider giving of yourself in a fun and enriching way.

You can get more info at paavima.org 

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hi, i have just read your mail and i would like to know more. I am only going to be in Sri Lanka for a month but if there is anything i can do.....I am a padi diver but i havent been for quite a while now. Well, i look forward to hearing from you.
Rebx

  rebmason80 Jan 5, 2008 10:14 PM

About paavimate-v


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.