Existing Member?

Tales of Oz After years of thinking about going traveling Ive finally got done something about it and packed my bags!!!

First Impressions

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 2 October 2007 | Views [880] | Comments [7]

Hey Everyone, Finally made it to Sydney. It felt like a very very very long trip!! But I was quite lucky as none of my flights were delayed. My first stop was in Dubai, Landed @ 07:15 local time and it was 27c. So I stayed inside the Airport. Dubai airport was massive. Never seen anything like it and its only half built. Had 20ft palm tress in there. Also there were rest rooms were you would go and pray and readings of the Quran.

After 5hrs of waiting round Dubai, I was then flying to Sydney. This was a 13hr flight!!Was a killer, But managed to watch about 3 films!one of which was Blades of Glory!!Legend of a film.

13hrs of flying and I was finally here. Kayleigh met me @ the airport and we headed to the hostel. Im staying in a place called Legends - Westend which is about 20mins walk away from the Opera House.

Once I checked in at legends we had some breakfast and headed to the city centre to get my stuff sorted. Oz Sim card, Food, - The basics. Where were staying its about 5mins away from China town. I think there more Asian and Koreans than Native Australians in Sydney. Millions of Noodle bars and Chinese restaurants.

Done a lot of walking on my first day, so headed back to my room for a rest as I'd been up for about 30hrs at this stage. My first night in the hostel everyone met up for a Wine and Cheese night! They call wine over here Goon. Its deadly stuff!!Within about 30mins of being out everyone was drunk around the pool table. Out of no where a punch came flying through the air and knocked this bloke out! He was out cold!! Wondered what I was letting myself in for!!Lol..Anyway once this had all finished we headed out to Scubar. Quite a small bar but it was really busy. Had some drinking competitions between the two local hostels. We headed back about midnight as Jetlag and alcohol don’t mix well.

My first all day @ Sydney me and Kayleigh went down George Street and met Dom. Went to Subway for lunch and got ready to hit the beach. We got the bus to Coogee beach. Took about 20mins where we had a BBQ and Beer on the beach. This is where I met Simon, Elaine. Everyone here seems to be really chilled out and easy to get along with. After 5ish it got quite cold so we all headed back. We all headed out in the evening to a place called the Gaff!! Free beer for an hour. So we just hanged round the bar. Australians dont really have a good taste in music. Well they didnt this night!! Felt more like a Rave than a nightclub. Some Japanese lad tripped over and managed to stumble into our table!! Luckily enough I was in the way so I managed to save the floor getting wet and my T-shirt was soaked!!lol...He bought us all a new drink to calm the situation down but I wasn’t impressed! Think we all headed in about 2am!

After recovering from the night before we headed to Bondi Beach! This place was amazing.Will load some pics up when I remember to bring my camera to internet cafe. Bondi is about 25min bus ride away.  Bondi was busy as it was Bank Holiday! Think it was about 25c that day! Once we got back from Bondi we headed back to the Hostel where we got ready and watched this massive Rugby match!! There version of the FA Cup back home.

Watched a live rock band. There a Greenday Tribute band but played a lot of Blink 182 Music. Apparently there going to be on MTV sometime this week.

On my 3rd day we decided to have a Tourist day out! Went to Sydney Opera house and saw the Sydney Harbor Bridge. That day it was hitting 30c. We got the Ferry across the river to Manly Bay. This is the best part of Sydney Ive seen so far. The beach was amazing, and we all spent the whole day chilling on the beach and the bars.

On the ferry back, it was getting dark and the city Sydney Opera house was all lit up. The pics I’ve got of this are Beatiful. Once we were back in the City we went to a place called Sidebar where we had a pool competition. I lost but I blame it on the free Goon.

on my first two nights, there were 6 people in my room, Then this drunken Irish bloke moved in!!No Joke..he comes in drunk about 2am then 7am every morning and the Snoring,OMG!!Sounds like a motor bike has been parked in my room..Soo loud..I was up at half5 this morning. Also he has Tourettes in his sleep!! Its pretty scary. Everyone has moved out of my room because of him. Think he keeps dreaming he's being attacked. Gonna sleep with a knife under my pillow tonight!!

Anyways I’m now off. Heading off to do some shopping.

Take Care

Austin

x

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

glad evryfings goin wel 4 u x

  Tasha Oct 2, 2007 5:36 PM

2

Im so glad youre having an awesome time Ozchop! Load up pics soon because i just love to be jealous while sitting in my cold student house in the wet in Brighton ;)
You had better be remembering places to show me when i come out and visit!
kisses xxx

  Lanny Oct 2, 2007 8:36 PM

3

Hey matey! sounds like you are having an amazing time! i am very jealous!:P cant wait to see some pics! take care and have fun!xxx

  Kimmi Oct 3, 2007 12:57 AM

4

Hey bud, Just left you a myspazz comment but just in case you don't get it i'll leave you one on here to!!! Got your text mate but my phones gay and won't let me reply!! So glad your enjoying it mate live it to the max and have one for me!! Miss you fella!! Lego Star wars is just not the same without you lol Not much happening in the Stowe shock horror!! Just Petes bday Saturday other then that your not missing much lol!! Speak to you soon buddy - Take it easy

Hube xx

  Hube Oct 3, 2007 11:21 AM

5

Glad your having a great time mate, i will have one for you on my birthday......and tell that American bloke next time do the reach around so he don’t get any more nasty surprises.

  Smiley Oct 5, 2007 5:45 PM

6

HI TINS ,JUST READ YOUR BLOG ,BLOODY EXCELLENT. JUST GOT BACK ON LINE, COST ME A NEW COMPUTOR. GREAT TO HEAR U R DOING OK, IPSWICH BEEN BOUGHT OUT, STILL CRAP! RUSS COMING HOME FRI 14 PEACE WILL B SHATTERED! HEAR U HAVE GOT A PIECE OF SCRUNT, B CAREFULL THEY WILL BLOW U OUT FURTHER THAN GUNPOWDER WILL BLOW YOU. ENOUGH,BEFORE I GET INTO TROUBLE, CATCH U LATER!

  reggy smallpiece Dec 8, 2007 8:07 AM

7

Yo yo Jones,

Just been reading your stories, sounds like your having a awesome time, and like the rest of your buddies im well jealous but so happy for you that you have actually packed up and gone there, perhaps one day I will get the same opportunity!!!

Ha ha trust you to get some random make home in your room, esp having tourettes too....remind you of anyone ha ha

Anyways heading off home soon cos unlike you I is stuck in the gloomy office in London!!! So will say bye bye

Take care mr

Adam.

  Adam Feb 20, 2008 4:13 AM

About ozzi


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.