Existing Member?

Travelling Weaver

To the North

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 26 June 2008 | Views [559] | Comments [1]

27 June 2008

Tomorrow, Emma, Michael and I are being driven by Agnete, to Mora, where we will be catching the Inlandbanan (a tourist train that only runs in the summertime) to the far north.  Snow has been predicted so that might be an excitement I haven't planned for!!

We will stay 2 nights in Östersund then travel again by train to Gällivare which is inside the Artic Circle.  From there I head east, while Emma & Michael head off on their Norway adventure.

I will be staying in Luleå 2 nights then down to Umeå one night, where I will be meeting with a friend I have not seen since 1982!!  Then I bus down to Ö-vik where I shall meet up with Agnete & Ann Britt and we 3 women shall travel back through the High Coast, then across through Dalarna county (the home of the Dalahorst and also the centre of handicrafts in Sweden!).

so until I return I don't imagine I will find much time to get on here and blog, but maybe when I return I will find time to put some photos and add some more about the textiles and the country and the people of Sweden.

Best wishes to you all!!

Comments

1

Hi Aunty Chris I have been reading up on what you are up to and it sounds like you're having a pretty good time. I have even got Mum to sit down in front of the new fangled computer thingy and have a read too. Everybody over here is going well, Mum got a parcel the other day it had a old grease rag in it but she seemed to think it was an important part of a wedding dress so she was going to do something with it so you had better tell Emma and I'll catch you later. Steve p.s. ( We're waiting for those photos )

  Stephen Lodge Jul 3, 2008 11:43 AM

About ozweaver


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.