Existing Member?

As I went through His Creations Filming, Snapping and now writing through all my backpack travels, going to places which are not explored as yet.. experiencing things which are not mentioned as yet.. and doing things which are not done as yet.

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 28 March 2011 | Views [536] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

The Bus Station in Lee Market, 9 in the morning, head buzzing, I thought “O Boy, I hope I don’t fall out”. My side of the old rattling bus which was damaged, so every bump and turn made my racing heart stop.

After a wild 6 hours ride, I could feel the destination was near. We stopped at Muhobbat Faqeer’s Shrine for lunch and stretched a bit while we were there. From there onwards we walked.

A valley in the middle a desert with a stream bed surrounded by trees. The rained brought life to the otherwise barren bed called The Garden Of Fairies.

We found a hotel to sleep over after a Daal and Andha Gotala Dinner. I dozed of listening to the sounds around me.

In the morning, I was completely overwhelmed by the thought of finally visiting “Lahoot La Lamakan”. Visiting it 7 times is equivalent to a pilgrimage to Makkah. We had to walk across 7 mountains to reach the Lamakan. On the way we stopped for lunch at a place.

This point onwards it was just Tariq and I. Being extra careful at every curve, we started descending slowly. There we came across the frozen milk waterfall. It stopped the day people started selling the milk. A Giant Anaconda guarded the cave along with several guardians-like structures.

With the camera strapped around my head, I started climbing yet another rattling ladder. It was pitch dark and a little flooded because of the rain. We slipped and crawled through a series of tunnels and ladders, till finally we went right up to the prayer area and the end of the cave.

We started to look for the Mother’s stomach Womb, which was a hole, tradition has it that if someone cannot pass it, he/she is not the child of his/her father. We did find found the womb and made it through. It was dark so we started walking towards the light to get out. We came to another natural rock formation called the White Camel. After praising this natural wonder we made our way out of the cave filled with overwhelming emotions.

After cleaning ourselves we offered our prayers.

After prayers we came across another Faqeer filled with tales of wonder. After a little conversation we started back on our journey to Shah Noorani. After crossing a stream bed, we stopped and rested at a hotel for a bit. By Sunset, we made it to Shah Noorani. After unwinding we hit the sack.

The next morning, I went off to explore, filming everything I came across. The experience of surrounded by such spirituality and positive energy made me feel alive.

Time for departure was near. This time we took the Crab ride. Crushing over rocks, splashing puddles, we reached Mubarak Faqeer’s stop to get our bus back to Karachi.

We reached Karachi, full of memories and stories to tell and an experience to remember for a life time in hope to return again.

Link To Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/5tpx9j5

Tags: #2011Writing, Travel Writing Scholarship 2011

Comments

1

As i went through His creations.*

  Taariq Mar 29, 2011 7:50 AM

About ozairrao

Me

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.