Existing Member?

Wildlife Raccoon Plus

Poor Animals

CANADA | Tuesday, 22 April 2014 | Views [113] | Scholarship Entry

I used to live just off of Yonge Street and Yonge Blvd. and had the strangest thing happen. A fully grown raccoon walked right past me and proceeded to walk on the street NOT DODGING TRAFFIC (for 10-15 minutes) before successfully crossing to the other side. I was horrified for the poor thing and threw snow balls at it, cars were honking at it but nothing seemed to work. I deemed it to be rabies or severe hunger that led this raccoon to take such a risk.

Animals are losing more and more of their resources because of the overcrowding within Toronto. Immigrants are flocking to our city and not to say I don't want them here, but it is at the expense of our wildlife that these immigrants have a home. Homes made in new condos, apartments and coop housing. I have seen bunnies, squirrels, chipmunks, raccoons, foxes just to name a few in parkettes and rummaging in garbage cans. I am more concerned with our wildlife than civilization as we know it.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About overcrowding


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.