Existing Member?

Miss

Several short documentaries

CANADA | Sunday, 9 August 2015 | Views [205] | Scholarship Entry

I am an award-winning Canadian journalist and filmmaker. Over the years, I've produced hundreds of pieces for radio, TV, and the web on a wide range of subjects from different countries. I like to say I'm a digital nomad. I’ve always been passionate about documentary filmmaking and I learned the craft from observing, experimenting and surrounding myself with fellow passionate documentary filmmakers. I’ve travelled to more than 30 countries and I always have my camera with me, ready for the next interview to document. I love documenting everyday people and give a voice to those who we don't hear often in the media, which is possible in today's digital world. Speaking several languages has allowed me to connect with people on an deep human level, establish trust and win their hearts. After all, documentary filmmaking is a human experience. I'm excited about the opportunity to be mentored by Brian Rapsey, I looked at his work and read his interviews and I’m impressed by his generosity to share his expertise and his passion. Being mentored by someone like Brian will allow me to not only perfect my techniques, but also share and learn about the subtleties of documentary filmmaking, that only professionals like Brian know about. My dream is to document the reconstruction of Syria, my country of birth. Perhaps it’s a pipe dream, but documentary filmmaking allows to dream, have hope and gives me a great goal to look forward to. Thank you for this opportunity.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About oussayma


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.