Existing Member?

Same Same, but Different A short blog of our adventurous trekkings across Viet Nam

Silent Witness

USA | Friday, 9 July 2010 | Views [154] | Comments [4]

Danny and a cutie pie

Danny and a cutie pie

A quick word from Danny on the goings on here in Vietnam...We are on the other side of some very jammed packed days, bouncing from city to village.  Today was a relaxing day in the city of Ho Chi Minh, taking in the sites and sounds while resting up for another couple of hard working days.  It has been quite a ride so far and Ben and I will be starting a construction project in a few hours.  Our project is in a home that takes in flood waters during the rainy season. We will be taking up old flooring, leveling out the existing floor, pouring a new floor, adding a toilet, and preparing the floor for tile.  We will complete as much as possible in two days and hopefully leave very little to be finished. 

It never fails that when I take part in what God is doing in the hearts and lives of others, He continually speaks to me.  As I began to talk to God about what I would write today He spoke the words "silent witness".  These simple words have a profound meaning to me.  So often in my walk with God I am very quick to speak but slow to listen and it's in this area He continues to shed his light and bring revelation.  In a foreign land I find myself not able to understand or be understood in verbal language.  Often times I end up in conflict due to my lack of understanding or my inability to communicate effectively.  Being in this language prediciment I could choose to force my way/agenda or allow God to speak through me in a way that is not always comfortable.  I have had many opportunities thus far to speak at times in words, facial expressions and physical touch.  In these times I'm not sure if the intended message was received.  What I choose to believe is that God is speaking his language of love and compassion through me.  As long as my motive is to be loving in all I do, and at times say, then the pressure is off of me and God can translate as He sees fit.  I find much peace knowing that God is at work in all things and chooses to use me in the process, what a blessing!  Thanks for listening...more to come later!!! 

Comments

1

Awsome work, Danny. As I work along your side on this trip I can see such a strength and maturity in you that is not only wonderful to observe, but at times convicting. Thank you for your witness, if it be silent, or in words, or your actions! I so appreciate being here with you, Heidi and the team. Make no mistake, God's message is getting through loud and clear in everything you do.
Dan

  ouboomertx Jul 9, 2010 9:44 AM

2

Danny, once again, you amaze me! I love your heart for God! I'm at a loss for words , so all I can say for now is...the Lord is so good! Your life is definitely a work of God's grace. Love you, Mom

  Karen Mattocks Jul 9, 2010 2:36 PM

3

So lovely and true!

  Jaana Symcox Jul 10, 2010 10:19 PM

4

Danny,

I agree with Dan. I am constantly amazed by you. What a man of God you are. The picture brought tears to my eyes. You most definitely know how to communicate - love is a universal language!
Love you, Penny

  Penny Jul 14, 2010 4:07 AM

About ouboomertx


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.