Existing Member?

America Latina

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 2 August 2010 | Views [859] | Scholarship Entry

This film is about “La  Oroya” an industrial  Peruvian town that is located on the Andes at 4000m altitude.

 

I shouted the material during my four month stay at Peru at the year 2007.

As I was attending a master  on Urbanism in Athens, I decided to do my research  about “ Oroya”. A town that was created  at the area of mines and heavy metallurgic industry and that is unfortunately included within the ten most polluted cities worldwide.

My interest was centered at the way that a big economic interest (at this case  the interest of  a single company)  can determine the existence, the social life and the build environment of one town.

 

The main challenge  I faced is that as I was alone and I had to  investigate  about the mineral company , I wanted to pass unnoticed. As a result of these conditions and my fear, I  regret that I did’t film interviews of people.

 

I believe that filming is very valiable means of  documentation for my field and I want to improve on it. I also hope that a special  approach of  my experience of research can be valiable for a group doing documentaries.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About oroya


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.