Existing Member?

Orna's Crazy Adventure

Goa!

INDIA | Friday, 11 November 2011 | Views [451]

So I am now in Goa! I left my hostel at 8 this morning and by 6pm I arrived at my guest house (which again I had booked online and found on arrival that their internet hadn't worked and so all their rooms were full). To get to Goa I had to go to Mumbai and change planes which would have been fine if my first plane wasn't delayed. Meanwhile, of course it was delayed and on arrival at Mumbai airport I had to run through trying desperately to find where I was supposed to go cause it was already departure time!! And all the while I'm thinking it is India and they are not gonna wait for me!!

Luckily I managed to board the plane before it left without me!

And now I'm in Goa where the drive to where I am staying was so CHILLED OUT compared to everywhere else in India!!! There were palm trees filled with coconuts everywhere and rivers and beaches - it's as though I've landed on an Indian island!! It was really nice too driving in while the sun was setting for the day...

So, as for my accommodation tonight - I am staying across the rd from this guest house in a bit of a dingy room where I already had to wash a big furry caterpillar down the sink!!! And then I'm coming back to the guest house that I booked in for the next 2 nights... So certainly in India just because you book online and have your booking confirmed for accommodation this does not mean you are going to have a room when you turn up!!!

I can already see that this is where all the tourists come to be hippies - to wear really hippy clothes that they sell everywhere here, get tatoos and do whatever else they want to do as hippies!! haha. I've seen so much clothing being sold here that I would have loved to wear when I was 14!!!

So, I'm looking forward to seeing this place in the daylight and heading to the beach for my last few days in India! Looks as though I may be heading to Israel on 15th Nov... I've decided that my time in India has been good but it's time to move on to meet my little nephew for the very first time!!!!

About orna


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.