Existing Member?

Orna's Crazy Adventure

Chiang Rai

THAILAND | Sunday, 14 August 2011 | Views [348]

Hi everyone :)

So I got to Chiang Rai last night - 3 hrs north of Chiang Mai. Last night I visited a night market and today I visited the White Temple - it was like a fairytale!! It's being created by this famous Thai artist, with a focus on good and evil. Inside the temple are his paintings which you can't take photos of - but they're hilerious with images of batman and spiderman and bin laden and bush and the planes crashing into the twin towers. It's expected to be finished by 2070.

Afterwards I had my first Thai massage cause I had had a really sore neck last night and today. However I was not prepared for how sore those Thai massages are!! Everything she did I was like, "Ow!", "Ouch!". Anyway, hopefully tomorrow I'll be like, wow, my body feels great! Othwise I'll have bruises...

Right now I m sitting in the Akha River House waiting to be picked up to be taken to the Akha Hill House - http://www.akhahill.com/. Akha is one of the Hill Tribes and this is the only locally owned and managed Hill Tribe retreat in the Chiang Rai area - I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully I can go swimming at a waterfall, go to an elephant camp and see real Hill Tribe villages - not like the one I was taken to earlier!!

RIght now I am also literally dripping with sweat...crazy!!

Bye for now,

xxx Orna

About orna


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.