Existing Member?

Creative Adventures

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [203] | Scholarship Entry

Art is all around us. When you travel through New York on the subway you will find various stations have their own characteristic artwork. People pay good money to see art in the Guggenheim or at MoMa while a lot of them seem ignorant of the beauty they pass on their travel to get there. Annie and I travelled to Australia in 2009 where we discovered an amazing graffiti alley. Therefore it was a logical step for us to choose graffiti as street art form for our video.

My prime ambition as a filmmaker is to travel the world making feature films and get paid enough to not need additional jobs. I have been making short films over ten years by picking up a camera and film. The learning process has been one of trial and error plus the occasional class. I currently run a small business in Holland in film and photography. Am I a professional? I earn some money with my craft but I would not call myself a pro as there is a wealth I still need to learn. Winning the scholarship would be an amazing opportunity to combine two of my most defying passions. It would be a great chance to improve my travel film skills both through the mentorship of Trent O'Donnell as well as going out there to film.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About openyoureyes


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.