Existing Member?

HOMEWARD

ISTANBUL

UZBEKISTAN | Sunday, 4 May 2008 | Views [315] | Comments [1]

This is the final part of the journey .We planned to meet up with Caths sisters . During the last week we have been getting texts to say they cannot find accomodation ....no worries we said there is always room at the inn

Flew into the airport and wham no accomodation . so lets get the metro into town to look ,for ourselves the man points to the TV cant get the metro they are throwing tear gas in the streets of parts of the city we want to go through ....OK taxi then .....Our taxi driver must have asked at more than a dozen hotels in the old city .....no accomodation full house.

FINALLY by absolute good luck and good timing we were offerd an apartment to stay in Ideal for the 4 of us really ,so the owners of the flat moved out for a few days and we moved in ..felt a bit strange moving into a strangers house but ..

Anyway despite the crowds and the hassle I really liked Istanbul and if I got the chance I would go back to see it properly .Unfortunately 3 cruise ships and the formula 1 Grand Prix and Mya Day holiday all coincided and the place was packed but e spent many pleasant hours drinking coffee and enjoying the ambience of this great old city.

Comments

1

So great had been so many STANs and Istanbul is somewhere i really feel like to go someday. Anyway, don't stop writing and let's know things happened interesting in your new life...

  Dongling Jul 2, 2008 8:04 PM

About ontheway


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Uzbekistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.