Existing Member?

Olivia&Matthews,Vietnam,Adventure The date has finally arrived for our departure from what we know. The uncertainty of the future lies ahead. Tonight the eve of the adventure, nervous tension exerting through everyone. Vietnam, Cambodia we hear your call. Tonight we sleep, tomorrow we embark. This trip, a journey of a life time. Valuable lessons will be taught, the comprehension of the world and its diversity will be learnt. This trip is a first for many things. When we return we will be changed.

Hanoi

VIETNAM | Monday, 23 April 2007 | Views [457]

Hanoi-The Heart of the North

We arrived at night in Hanoi, the moderate temperature a relief from the heat and humidity of Siem Reap. Our change in the quality of our transport and the journey from airport to Hotel represented a very developed country in comperison to Cambodia. Large industrial buildings lined the road and the infrastructure was of a high standard.

As we began to explore Hanoi the next morning, the scooters/motorbikes consumed the road, as many as 5 persons on the one bike, a truly incredible sight. Women pushed old bikes covered with flowers as they began the struggle to earn an income.

The people of Hanoi especially the men are not as hospitable as those in Cambodia. Before breakfast Dad and I went for a brief walk where we were followed and looked blunlty upon and cut off by a man arrogantly riding his bike on the footpath.

We visited Ho Chi Minh at the muasoleum, a very valuable experience. The line stretched for several hundred metres, guarded either side by very acutely dressed military. We were not permitted to speak, no belongings were allowed to be taken and hands had to be by ones side. We entered the building and walked up several steps until we reached the room containg Ho Chi Minh. We walked around him on a raised platform, for a couple of seconds. This experience emphasised the communist side of Vietnam.

Tags: Sightseeing

About omkelly


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.