Existing Member?

O's Travels I travel, therefore I am lazy.

Japan, ja mata!

JAPAN | Wednesday, 6 August 2008 | Views [408]

Before every new beginning there must be an end. So before beginning to talk about Asia, I'm try to give an initial reflection on the place which I've called (secretly) home for the last year, Nippon. I'll keep it short and sweet so I don't get all emotional. Ganbarimas!

This past year in Japan has been the best of my life. Of course I have had some amazing years in my life - the second and third years at Bruni, the second year at Twyford and all of my KFA days will always be special to me, but in terms of experiencing new places and ways of doing things and meeting so many different and awesome people, nothing can really compare.

They say the people make the place. While Japan was lifechanging in it's own right (you just have to go there to experience it for yourself), I found this phrase to be utterly spot on. I could spend ages sounding off all the wonderful people who made last year so unforgettable but you all know who you are. Revel in the knowledge that I HEART YOU!

Japan has also changed me so much it's going to be interesting going back home to Blighty after the travels to see how I fit in again. I've always loved it back home though and I'll probably come back even more patriotic so watch out!

Anyhow I'm not doing a very good job at an intellectual and thought provoking reflection. I guess it will suffice to say that it was a year none of us will ever forget for the dasai times, the cool times, the gay times, the couple times, the lonely times and of course the goooood times :D

Japan forever!

 

About omarkenawi


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.