Existing Member?

Olivia Agatha's Journal :)

Born and Raised, but First Time to Tidung!

INDONESIA | Monday, 28 April 2014 | Views [110] | Scholarship Entry

This is a little journal that I made after I get back from my Gate-away trip on 16-17th of April 2011 to an Island named Tidung.
It is a small Island located in Indonesia in the Kepulauan Seribu (Seribu Islands), not far away from Bidadari Island nor to Ayer Island.
About two and a half hours to get there by ship from Muara Angke (in North Jakarta).
I've asked my parents several times to go to an Island every time my friends invited me so, nevertheless they never said I could go with any of my friends.
They're reasons are because the Island is far from home, heavy flow or the sea currents, no signals for mobile phone, and a simple saying of "be ware of Tsunami!"
Alas! I made it!
I've spent 2 days&1 night on this Island!
I've touches the beauty of the coral in Tidung Island~
I have indeed prove to my parents that I can stand on my own!
I am now back at my homey activity really want to feel the fun & daring stuff again!
The beaches are so nice!
You could even see the fishes that swims joyfully under your leg when you walk in the side of the coast!
The coral are there and still being save and secure
The nature beauty of the Island is still kept alive by the citizen
The weather is so tropical friendly, go and spend time for as many as suntanning that you would love! And it's for real suntanning ;)

Tidung Island Coast

Loved it!

So quite
So peaceful
So clean
So many things to do despite all of the hectic works or duties that we abide too!

A brief story about the Island:
Long long time ago, in these Island, there are citizens that have conflict in owning both of the Island (Tidung Besar and Tidung Kecil)-the bigger Island and the smaller Island of Tidung-, the citizen make a bridge inwhich whomever wanted to meet each other only can meet at the center of the bridge.
So actually there are none that can cross to step on their foot to side of the Island if you're not the citizen of the Island!
Then, when there's a couple of both Island that wanted to be united, they prove to their parents (from both of the Island) that they jump from the bridge!

Therefore, the bridge of Tidung Island called "Jembatan Cinta(Love Bridge)"

They told me, "if you'd come to Tidung but don't jump, it means you haven't come to Tidung Island at all",
I did come to Tidung & there's a prove that I did jump from the bridge :)

Lesson learned at Tidung: in facing your fear, think about the things that you love the most. Suddenly all of your mindset would turn 180' then before.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About oliviaagatha


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.