Existing Member?

Siberian atmosphere

Impressions: different sides of Paris

FRANCE | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [71] | Scholarship Entry

Paris is always a good idea! Do you agree? I do! And my husband too:)
That's why we decided to spend our honeymoon in the capital of France.
They say this country, and especially Paris with its architecture, cosy streets, lovely cafes and wickedly good croissants, is the the most romantic place in the world - so the most suitable for trip with the soulmate)
We can talk about Paris till the cows come home;) But let me tell you about one special day in detail - February, 14. Yes, you're right - my husband and I were in Paris at Saint Valentine's Day - what more could we wish for?)
We woke up early - the sun has been just risen. Of course we were in high feather and were going to walk around the city all day long. Our itinerary was ready - we were going to the magic Montmarte) Here it may be noted that I am a kind of an organized person - I adore making lists, planning and all that - thus and so the story I am going to share with is really unusual for me)
After breakfast my husband bought me marvellous tulips and we started our walk by foot to Montmartre. It was raining but we're enjoying each other and theoutward things. Having reached the place we understood that Montmartre was a unique place - street artists and musicians, museums, Les Deux Moulins where I was actually looking for Amelie - everything was like in a fairy tale (and that's not just words - it was!) Thanks to the rain there was nearly no tourists and all the Montmartre was only for us. The atmospheric Montmartre Museum impressed us by its old stairs, friendly people and a beautiful inner garden which you pass through on the way to the Museum.
During our walk we suddenly met a nice Italian man who asked us how to get to som? places. As we had a map we tried to find ones here. He started to ask us - where we are from, how old we are and so on. We were glad to speak to him - moreover his wife turned out to be Russian! After finding the needed place on the map he asked if we could give him some money because his purse was stolen in a gas station in Lion. In exchange for money he offered us some strange "Italian" jackets.. Hmm.. At this time we realized that this man hadn't a Russian wife and his purse wasn't stolen and probably he had never been to Lion.. He was just liar and swindler! Oh! We ran out and were laughning for a half an hour! Another Parisian side! But our trip was not spoiled as somebody might think - it's a kind of adventure and an excellent experience for everyone!

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About olga_popova


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.