Existing Member?

Turkiteece Travel with dear friends in Turkey, then solo in Italy and Greece!

Rome to Athens

GREECE | Wednesday, 19 September 2007 | Views [486]

The first part of the day was a travel day.  I caught a bus to Termini and took a train to the airport from there.  I forgot to mention that Rome has a great bus system and is free.  It was a really great way to get around.

The flight was pretty bumpy on the way to Greece.  There were a few "exciting" dips as we descended, and the pilot received applause upon landing.  I took the train to the center of the city and headed off to my hotel.  Athens was modernized for the 2000 olympic games, but it is still kind of sketchy.  On the way to the hotel, I caught a pickpocketer almost in the act by placing my hand over my pocket.  He took off fairly quickly, and no one seemed to notice, so I tried to get to the hotel as quickly as possible to dump my luggage as it probably made me a pretty big target.

Hotel Adrian is decent with a view of the Acropolis and a nice patio.  I rested for a bit before hitting the town for the evening.  The front desk guy recommended a restaurant nearby, and it was great.  After walking around for a while, I went to bed.  Tomorrow I will do some sightseeing for my final day on holiday.

Tags: On the Road

About oddgrue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.