Existing Member?

Turkiteece Travel with dear friends in Turkey, then solo in Italy and Greece!

Travel to Rome

ITALY | Saturday, 15 September 2007 | Views [509]

Everyone caught planes out of Turkey today.  Jim and Jane headed back to the states, Jenn and Allen headed for the islands, and Eric, Lisa and I went back to Istanbul.  Eric and Lisa had one more night in Turkey and I am off to Rome!

Eric, Lisa and I shared a car to the Dalaman airport and boarded without incident.  After a short layover in Istanbul I boarded a jet for Rome.  It was a decent flight, and after landing I took a train to Termini, the main station in the city.  On the way I chatted with a Turkish woman and a couple from Brazil who were on holiday. 

After a light dinner I caught a cab to my hotel, which was about 3 km away.  The neighborhood is pretty cool.  Parts are very touristy, but others have small restaurants and such.  Naturally, I opted for the less touristy part of town.  Pedestrians rule this part of Rome.  You can basically walk anywhere you want and there are very few cars and mopeds due to the narrow streets.  I spent the night trying to orient myself to the neighborhood and then read up a bit on some sights for tomorrow.

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

About oddgrue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.