Existing Member?

Turkiteece Travel with dear friends in Turkey, then solo in Italy and Greece!

From Knidos to Daçta

TURKEY | Sunday, 9 September 2007 | Views [588]

After exploring the ruins of Knidos, we set sail for a small harbor near Daçta, which wıll be our launchıng point to the Greek Island of Symi.  We arrıved in the late afternoon, and I was allowed to drive Serenity for a whıle!  The result was anything but Serene (perhaps we should rename her...chaos? get out of the way?), but we managed to set anchor without crashing.

We snorkled for a while in the warm water and saw some small fish and vegetation.  After a while, some locals waved us on to shore where we shared some dinner and had a fantastic party.  Allen, Eric and Jim brought their guitars to shore and played familiar Beatles songs.  Everyone danced - the Turks were very good dancers - and they shared traditional Turkısh songs with us until very late.  Their kids were gettıng rather cranky, so we started to pack up, and one of the guys said that they were on their way to another party that night!  I like their lifestyle over here!

We had some great snacks that nıght and hung out on the ship for a while before passing out.  Tomorrow, on to Symı!

Tags: Friends

About oddgrue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.