Existing Member?

Australia 2011

Week off

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 2 April 2011 | Views [529]

As usual i am starting off with ‘i haven’t written here for so long’, but thats just the way it is at this stage! Im doing alot better with this blog than i thought i would in the first place. I don’t even know where to start so ill just write as i think of things.

At the moment im on a voyage and were at bunker bay, cape naturaliste. Its lovely here and we had great weather for sailing on the way down. We were here before and i came here on teh road trip from teh land side which was nice. Its really pitturesque here, there is a cafe above the beach which looks down on teh sea and its supposed to be amazing, we were going to go there on the road trip but we didn’t, ill have to come back and go there as we can see it from teh ship.

The last voyage we did was the ultimate challenge voyage which was the best thing ever. I had a really great time for the whole week. It is a voyage for people with various disabilities. It was so much fun and hard work and i loved it!

I had a week off after that voyage as i hadn’t had too much time off before that and i wont have much time off between here and the beginning of june. I decided that i would laze around fremantle and see the places and things that i had been meaning to see since i got here and didn’t have the chance to. It ended up being a really strange week though as i went from working long and hard hours and being really busy to nothing at all. I didn’t know what to do with myself!  I did have a few good days though.

I got a nice apartment by the beach for 3 days to have a nice little break for myself. It was nice, so good to lie on the couch all day watching crap tv and surfing the net!

I went into Perth one day and wandered around the city with one of the lads. It was alot of fun actually. It was nice to just walk into random shops and stuff. I bought a really cool book which Im reading now called ‘The suspicions of Mr. Whicher or The Murder at Road Hill House’. Its a ‘who dunnit?’ but a true story so its cool. I like roaming into cool little shops and stuff and wanted to buy loads of clothes! We went to Tiffanys, checked out all the jewellery there, went into a Swiss watch shop that you had to be buzzed into, and ate a chese plate and potato wedges in a little retro cafe!

On the Saturday of that week it was Angelas birthday so we went to Adventure World, it was a blast! We woke up early and went out for eggs on toast in the cafe next door first which was great. Its a water park and adventure park, it was a glorious day and so we headed off, myself, Sarah and Ange for a kids day out! We met Curly from work there and his son Isaac. We didn’t stop laughing all day, we had races on the slides and laughed at eachother coming off the end of the water slides. We tried not to vomit on the rides and hoped to God that we wouldn’t fall out of our bikinis on one of them, (like a woman before us!) As you couldn’t reach to fix yourself with the bars! After that we had a BBQ in Curly and Kellys house, that was lovely.

I went to the zoo with Ange one day, that was really nice actually. Its a nice zoo in Perth, its really green. We took alot of the day there and saw everything and then we went for food that evening, we were going to go to the cinema but we were a bit late checking the times, I went in the end to see ‘The Rite’ which was so disappointing, i wanted to go home half way through but just slept through to the end!

I cant really remember much else I did for the week, I just wandered around Fremantle seeing some touristy things, checked out the markets and shops and chilled out really. They had a BBQ here on Friday evening which was nice, I caught up with a few of the lads there and then went for a lovely Japanese dinner with Chris, Christen, Sarah and Angela.

Then we came straight on this voyage and we have another one straight away after it. Its been great sailing this week though and the weather has been nice. It was cold enough for a couple of days, especially in the mornings, weather for jeans, jumper jacket and hat! You can definitely feel the change happening in the weather here now, its still really nice but its bearable most days now instead of being too hot, it gets cool in teh evenings too somedays which is nice too for a break.

About oconnorclare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.