Existing Member?

Australia 2011

Getting settled

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 6 January 2011 | Views [363]

Fishing boat Harbour, Freo

Fishing boat Harbour, Freo

So today i went to work and started to sort out my paperwork, bank accounts etc. was finished that by lunch ish so then i went for a walk around town and down by the beach and marina. the weather is beautiful, not too very hot with a nice breeze.

i sat in the park on the way home and read my book, 'three ways to capsize a boat' (thanks una!). it was beautiful just sitting there listening to everything, sounds of a jackhammer in the distance, children playing, clinking cuttelry in the park cafe, boys shouting, girls laughing. all while i sat in the shade of the massive trees there. i dont know what they are but they are huge, and obviously really old. fremantle is an old port town and its really beautiful, the building facades are preserved on a huge amount of them which is lovely.

as i said i will put up some pics eventually, but not for a while, if i dont get my bag back then i will have no camera charger and so will have to select my pictures for a while till i can sort something out!

yesterday i had a nice day too, was still lonely yesterday morning but once i set about actually doing something (which reminded me that i actually had a purpose other than sitting in a hostel for the next 12 months with no friends and nothing to do)it was good. i got some clothes anyway and some work gear, and generally wandered around finding out the most direct routes to get to the shops etc instead of following the map and taking tiwce as long!

last night i had a couple of beers in the hostel with the lads here, im still a bit jet lagged so i made it to 8pm before i sloped off to bed! good going by the previous standards. i managed to read till nine and only woke this morning at about 7, woo hoo! theres a bbq on here tonight so ill have to see how i manage for that.

About oconnorclare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.