Existing Member?

Travels

Safe in Bali!!

INDONESIA | Saturday, 9 August 2008 | Views [695] | Comments [1]

hello everybody! Me and my mom are here in Bali. It is hot like mexico and very crowded because it is high season. We flew for 12 hours from Seattle to Taiwan first. I liked taiwan and we ate beef noodles in soup there. There is a picture of me in the airport. It was so fancy and mom wouldn't buy me anything and it was a little boring waiting to leave again. Then we got on the airplane and guess what? We sat in first class!! We don't know how but it was sooo nice. We were a king and queen. You can see a picture of me in first class. I had my own TV with Nintendo games but no movies. That ok for me!! The seat laid down all the way and my mom took a nap and I could still go to the bathroom without waking her because there was so much room. Then we landed in Bali and i saw my dad again. He keeps kissing me all the time. He got us a REALLY nice villa. It has a bathtub, DVD, kitchen, big bed, a closet room, and a garden. Next door is a swimming pool. We ride all around on papi's motorcycle and he is teaching me to drive it. My other grandma came from a different island and she hugged me and was crying. And my cousin came too and we swam in the pool together. I like it here but it is better in Mexico. We went to a beach with really big waves and my mom was scared but I had so much fun. Yesterday I bought a surfboard and went surfing. It is shallow so my mom can walk out with me and I can catch small waves. The waves here are bigger than sayulita. Soon we are going to the mountains. Today we are just going to the beach for some more surfing. I am learning some indonesian language like selamat pagi: good morning. The food is really different and sometimes I like it but not everything. They eat chicken feet!!!

ok, thanks for your letters.

Love Obsidian and Mom

Comments

1

Hi, Obsidian
I'm glad you and your Mom had a good trip. Grandma and I always like flying in first class, but we don't do it very often. Once when we were in England they gave us seats in first class on an airplane called the Boeing 777. Each seat was like a little room all to yourself. You could sleep, almost like in a real bed, or watch movies, or play video games. The only problem was that each seat was by itself so I couldn't sit with Grandma.
I like the noodle soup they make in Japan but I'll bet the soup in Taiwan was just as good. When I lived in Japan, my friends and I ate noodle soup with beef or sometimes shrimp, and sometimes we ate rice with hot curry sauce. It's fun to try all kinds of different foods. That's one reason why Grandma and I like to travel to different places.
Grandma and I are going to see a baseball game with some friends, and we have to leave in a few minutes. Have fun and write soon to tell everyone about your adventures.
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa

  Grandpa and Grandma Keehn Aug 11, 2008 4:42 AM

About obsidian


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.