Existing Member?

Next Destinations Always keep in mind where is your Next Destination!

Don't Forget Your Next Destination

BRAZIL | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [279] | Scholarship Entry

My passion for filmmaking struck me at the same time as my passion for traveling. I went to Argentina in my first travel outside of Brazil. I bought this GoPro Hero 1 and I had never used a camera for filming before, but I was fascinated with the possibilities. I recorded everything. If I had to go to the bathroom, I would film it. Did my first travel video, a really bad one, but I was intrigued with what I could do. After that I went to Sydney, to stay one year there. My travels increased. So as my filmmaking skills. I visited a lot of places inside Australia and outside as well. Alice Springs, Melbourne, Blue Mountains, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, New Zealand, just to name a few. By that time I had already bought a DSLR and started to study how to make better videos. I was completely hooked. Both for traveling and filmmaking.

The thing is, I am an engineering student, I am 23 years old, and I am in that situation where I'm in doubt about my future career. Filmmaking is one of my greatest passions, so I think I made this video to see if I could create something good if I put some effort in it.
I'm really happy with the end result, but I think there is a lot of room for improvement. Being selected to this Scholarship would mean a lot to me, especially because it would be an answer for this doubt and the first step for the possibility of a filmmaker career. And it would come alongside with another big passion. Traveling.

Thank You,

Renê Baldissera

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About nxtdestinations


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.