Existing Member?

my biggest adventure

Not quite there yet

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 25 March 2009 | Views [265]

So this is the handy dandy addition to my "other" blog. I'm not sure why I need two, possibly because I like defining the sections of my life. Travel is definately a "big" part so it only makes sense to have a travel journal (and those one's in the shops are horrendously expensive and give me writer's cramp).

I've still (ha, STILL) got 11 days until I'm leaving. In that time I hope to re-pack my bags AT LEAST twice because I'm compulsively certain that there are better and more efficient ways of rolling/folding clothes to squash more in.

I'm going for 6-8 months and seriously, I'm packing like the rest of the world doesn't have clothes stores and malls. It's rather ridiculous but I figure if I take my entire wardrobe I shouldn't need to BUY anything... That's really just downright hilarious too, we all know I will.

I've purchased travel insurance, called most places about mail redirection, spoken with Centrelink, organised the kids distance education... God, is there much more to do?

I can't wait. It's 12.30am and it is very very clear to me now that complete and utter excitement and hyperactivity has overtaken everything. I have no control.

Cup of tea and then bed.

Vee

 

About nursevee


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.