Existing Member?

Unique Travelers

Inspiration For Travel - Pedro Ospina

USA | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [365] | Scholarship Entry

In my video, Pedro says, “We’re all looking for an experience in life that makes us feel like we’re alive.” For me, the thrill of adventure comes with living out of a backpack and exploring the world with my production gear.

My experience creating a travel video for Trailways has prepared me for this filming opportunity. I rode buses for 5 days from NYC to Nashville, viewing local attractions and interviewing riders. The end result was a 5-part youtube series designed to showcase the new generation of bus travel. I’m good at finding unique stories and developing creative ways to incorporate market and brand.
Documenting the Colombian community will be both mentally and physically challenging, and I know I have the right character and enthusiasm to succeed. I’ve got a sense of adventure, I’m a problem solver, and I do well under pressure.

I am the right choice for this competition because I’m personable and I have skills in all of the production components. My degrees in Music Tech and Engineering Physics provide me with creative and technical backgrounds, and I am anxious to learn from Brian Rapsey. Exploring Colombia with this mission would be extraordinary, and producing a memorable and meaningful video for the Colombians will feel natural to me. I’m pursuing a goal to become a world recognized travel film creator, and Pedro’s lifestyle is a great inspiration to me. Combining all of these skills on an adventure and inspiring others to travel is what makes me feel alive.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About npcatania


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.