Existing Member?

Liz & John's travels

The day of departure

SINGAPORE | Sunday, 4 December 2016 | Views [190]

Well we boarded our United flight to San Francisco via houston.  Flight was uneventful but boring as no entertainment on board and drinks were sparse including water.

We stayed at the Hilton garden inn before checking in for our 17.25 flight on singapore airlines.  This airline was great,  We flew economy, seat comfortable, entertainment fantastic and food and drinks were good and offered frequently.  Loved the fact that they had an unlimited snack bar of sandwiches, fruits chips and nuts which you could have anytime in addition to the meals served.  We were also given an amenities pack.  The bathrooms were cleaned frequently and stocked with lotion, touth brushes and mouthwash.  The last four hours were tough going due to sitting in one place for so long and the need of some sleep.

Totally confused as to what time it is at home as well as what day with the crossing of the date line.

 

On arrival at singapore airport we made our way to the ambassoder airside hotel which was wonderful with everything you needed to freshen up and get some rest before our next flight to siem reap.  Singapore airport is the most relaxing airport I have been to with gardens, displays, movie theaters and restaurants as well as an abundance of shops.  We grabbed snacks then headed back to our room for some much needed sleep.

 

About nowwhere


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.