Existing Member?

The Crazy Adventures of the Northern Girl

The adventure contiunes

SOUTH AFRICA | Wednesday, 13 June 2012 | Views [509] | Comments [5]

Ok so the blog I wrote about the travel didn't post so I'll fill you in.

After leaving New York it was a 12 hour plane ride to Dubai where I sat in the middle row and had zero room for anything but Emirates has an excellent entertainment selection so that kept me somewhat sane. When we arrived in Dubai it was 8 am local time which gave us enough time between flights for some Starbucks and a Mojito. ( I also learned the hard way that taking malaria pills with that combination doesn't feel too good.)

When we finally arrived in Joburg, get off the plane, meet our group leaders...and find out we have a 9 hour drive to look forward too. Holy. Crap. Luckily by then the mojito malaria pill mix had past so I was feeling better.

We arrived here at Bibs and all hit the sack. It had been a veerrrry long time since I had been horizontal so it was GREAT.

Now on to the current stuff...

Today I did my first day of education and it was pretty fun. The kids were SOOOOO cute in the morning and at the school we went to in the afternoon the grade 5 class tore us to bits. Jess and I got there and we had to do a natural science lesson (geology....crap....).

"where did the earth come from?"

SIDE NOTE: there is currently a hippo about 50 feet from the computer. Whoa.

"who made the earth?"

Yikes.

Anyways...things are picking up at the bar in our hostel so I may go check it out. No big drinking for me....the top bunk is hard enough as it is:)

Comments

1

So? how did you answer the question? This is to be interesting!

  Stella Jun 14, 2012 5:22 AM

2

I think that they said to take the malaria pills with milk, not mojitos!

  Leigh Jun 14, 2012 6:07 AM

3

Hope you're taking lots of pictures! Yah for hippos!

  Marf Jun 14, 2012 6:25 AM

4

Geology is not a real scince

  Sheldon Cooper Jun 14, 2012 8:07 AM

5

The booze just gets the mosquitoes drunk, which does prevent them from biting the next guy...

  Uncle Doug Jun 14, 2012 10:01 AM

About northerngirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.